The Waterway Ecosystem Research Group have a formal partnership with Melbourne Water, the Melbourne Waterway Research-Practice Partnership. This partnershiop offers a new approach to waterway management research in the Melbourne region, aimign to provide both (i) applied research to underpin the improved management of both urban and rural waterways and (ii) activities that integrate these research findings and broader science into practice.
The activities of the partnership will fall into 5 integrated themes:
1. Waterway health planning tools;
2. Waterway hydrology and geomorphology;
3. Urban stormwater and rural runoff management for waterway health;
4. Riparian and wetland vegetation management; and
5. Community participation in waterway management.