The Waterway Ecosystem Research Group have entered into a formal partnership with Melbourne Water, the Melbourne Waterway Research-Practice Partnership, as a new approach to waterway management research in the Melbourne region. The partnership aims to provide both (i) applied research to underpin the improved management of both urban and rural waterways and (ii) activities that integrate these research findings and broader science into practice.
The activities of the partnership will fall into 5 integrated themes:
- Waterway health planning tools;
- Waterway hydrology and geomorphology
- Urban stormwater and rural runoff management for waterway health
- Riparian and wetland vegetation management, and
- Community participation in waterway management.
A list of partnership projects can be found on the partnership’s website.